Some of you may be familiar with this thread.
It didn't work evenly, and I only have one large plant right now
So I decided to try something a little different.
Not that the ping wasn't doing well on that other wall:
Anyway, I cut the plant off and installed it in a holder I made from scrap (I mean scrap) wood. Gives it a homely feel:
It certainly dries out faster than the bottom row of the wall, but that's to be expected since it's smaller. I guess there is no "magical" way to grow these guys. I was hoping for something automatic that would grow a ton of plants. But I don't have the plants...
I still have the wall. Part of my plan is to take sections out of it, and that would let water build up on every level. So it I get a lot of plants, I will have a very odd looking wall...with 6 sections missing, and plants growing from the tops of the sections before. I'm taking pullings left and right to try and figure out the best media to use. So far the plantlets on vermiculite are doing the best. So I'll raise them to working age on that from now on.
Time for bed