My Pinguicula have been in full bloom this year. I decided to mess around a bit with pollination. I really didn't know what I was doing. I basically just used an old flower stalk from a Drosera, colored the tip black with a Sharpie, found the pollen and rubbed it around the inside of some flowers. I know, real scientific . I also learned how important it is to LABEL what I do. Because of my excellent (actually non-existent) labeling system up to this point, I have no idea what the cross is. It might be selfed or I may have crossed pollinated. So for now they will be known as P. 'Huahuapan' hybrids.
The seeds germinated extremely fast. I'd say it took a week or less. They were sown on May 16th. Unfortunately I didn't write down the germination date. It was around 5-7 days maybe less. They are sown on approximately 4:1 vermiculite and perlite. I placed a bag over the pot to keep the humidity up. I cut a few slits in the bag to allow for some airflow. The pot is sitting in about 1/4" of water. I refill when the water gets used up but before the pot gets dry. So far so good. I also collected some seeds from P. launana. Same deal, I don't know the other parent so they will be P. launana hybrids. They were harvested about a week after the P. 'Huahuapan' hybrid seeds. No germination on those yet.
Here are the P. 'Huahuapan' hybrid seedlings as of yesterday. Please forgive the photo quality. I really should have used a tripod.
Thanks for looking,