Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Unhappy P. "Pirouette"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy P. "Pirouette"

Hi all. The last few leaves on my P. "Pirouette" are a little deformed on the edges. I don't see any obvious pests. The plant is near a south facing window on the tray system with no more than an inch of water at a time. As far as potential pests, I have had these funny tiny black larvae-like things. They don't look like fungus gnat larvae but I'm not sure what they are. Anyway, there are a few in the last shot below that hopefully you can see. They had seemed to go away long before I noticed the deformed leaves though, so I'm not sure they're responsible. None of my other butterworts are having issues. Thoughts?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may not be perfect looking but overall it looks fine. I would take leaf pullings and start them in fresh pots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a lot more water than I give mine, I keep mine pretty dry. They are prone to root rot if kept too wet, but if your other pings are doing ok like that then I guess it's ok. What soil mix are you using?
    Overall the plant looks healthy, though a little pale. I don't know about those new leaves, they do look a little knarly. Keep an eye on the new ones just getting ready to come out.
    I don't know what those little critters are either, but it seems I have seen photos of them here before somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably have white thirp thingies attacking your plant. Apply "Bayer rose and flower insect killer" asap for fastest recovery.
    Formerly known as WaterKirby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is the worms attack.