Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: quick ping info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quick ping info

up until recently I thought pings were like heli's and there was only 1 kind/climate. To my surprise I discovered there are temperate pings. Are there any that would be able to grow outdoors in central va(zone7 i think)? I have done a couple internet searches but I am looking in the wrong places and without knowing what species to look for makes it more difficult for me. Also I would be willing to hear about ones that could tolerate 3 out of 4 seasons too; for example I have african sundews that can tolerate everything but winter here.

If I could get some species recommendations to get started I will begin looking into their specific cultivation needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I live in zone 8A in North Carolina. Here is a ping I photographed in the wild yesterday. I think it is a Pinguicula lutea. I think you could probably get one to live in your zone if you covered it with pine straw and brought it into a garage or something in the winter.

Photobucket

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the southern US pings might live there, and you could possibly get species like P. macroceras, P. grandiflora, etc. to live outside.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonjour

WAKEBOARDER may be also P.caerulea have you see the flower colour?

CPBOBBY you can grow always outdoor all the temperate species , but attention to the substrat some one are acid others calcareous.( see my web site ,clic on the rubric pinguicula translate by the google modul)

jeff

web site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is them in the wild?