Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloodworm Paste?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Bloodworm Paste?

Hello once again guys!

So I read somewhere that you can make a paste out of dried bloodworms and that it's easier for pings to eat bloodworm paste because it's all soft with less hard bits. Is that true and if it is, how do you make bloodworm paste? Is it just water and ground up bloodworm? What's the ratio?

I'm still having difficulty feeding my pings since there's always a lot of left over bloodworm pieces. (I just grind up the bloodworms betas eat into a fine dust too)! =(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a lot easier to feed my VFTs and Droseras with thawed frozen bloodworms than rehydrated freeze-dried bloodworms. I would assume it's easier to make a paste with it too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

The best way to feed pinguicula by hands, is to grind some bloodworms into powder, and dust a bit 2-3 leaves of the plant.

I dont think hydrated bloodworm will be better, because the plant produce his own juice(enzymes), for hydratation and digestion.

Its my personnal experience of course, im not a pinguicula expert!

Hope this help !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i only feed my flytraps with bloodworm paste. Basicly i just add water until its gooey and put a small scoop into the traps

for sundews and pings i get a pinch of dried bloodworms and rub between my fingers until its powder and sprinkle it over the leaves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vfts and drosera need bigger preys, so bloodworm paste is perfect i agree. But dusting bloodworms powder work better for pinguicula, who need tiny preys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dusted them but they won't eat. They won't drool for me. I'm actually tempted to buy live prey instead even though I HATE bugs. Or maybe I could get the bloodworms trapped in the jelly cubes that you thaw out. =x

Bad Piro! Bad Lauena! Jk lol! I just think I'm doing it wron, but I still want to feed them so they get all their nutrition. XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i feed all my pings freeze dried bloodworms and they seem to love them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to be a bother, but could someone film how they feed their pings bloodworms and maybe a 30 second reaction? I wanna see if I'm just being a fussy idiot and overreacting. =x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast