Many of the Mexican/equitorial Pinguicula can be selfed, somewhat easily crossed with many other related species or hybrids, and like P. pumila, and P. lusitanica, some of the smallest and least common to cultivation species of Mexican/equitorial Pinguicula are self-fertile and automatically self-pollinating, similar to those two. I haven't heard of any other attempts to produce an F2 generation of P. 'Sethos', other than my own. I plan to attempt a repeat of my P. 'Sethos' selfing, as soon as practical, since it was such a rewarding experience and I'm interested in seeing what happens. With P. planifolia, I once had a seedpod produced by self-pollination that was inadvertently broken from the plant, before the seed had finished ripening. Not to let it go to waste, I carefully opened the pod to reveal partially developed seed, that was literally green in color. I planted them as if they were normal seed. They promptly germinated and grew into normal plants.

Some plants have the ability to produce seed with embryos that are simply clones of the mother plant, the stimulus of being pollinated with closely related pollen, or sometimes basically anything (though that pollen doesn't actually fertilize the ovules of the mother plant).