What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woot, Woot, excuse me but did I say WOOT?

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
I have been growing, or in some cases attempting to grow, pings for a few years now. In all that time I have managed to kill three, count em, three mocties. Well now, I am proud to present my first ever ping

20140709_204645.jpg

and just guess what it is growing on :-D
20140709_204652.jpg

Congratulations. The whole genus, especially that species, is a pain for me. :clap:

m0n3y is the w00t of all 3v1l. What's that blue stuff?

m0n3y is the w00t of all 3v1l. What's that blue stuff?

The in color for fine grain pure sand. I wanted hot pink but they were out of stock till next April. However, today hubby came home with a fifty pound bag of pool sand, er silica.

Congrats! I'm still learning myself how to water these. Trying to start some from leaf pullings as backup but even that is a bit tricky.

The in color for fine grain pure sand. I wanted hot pink but they were out of stock till next April. However, today hubby came home with a fifty pound bag of pool sand, er silica.

Ah, thought perhaps it was some secret ingredient like cuprous sulfate. Hot pink would be awesome in combination with the blue. Maybe a yin-yang swirl as top mulch.

I've killed a few of those as well. But now they are the easiest ones to keep going.

I've killed a few of those as well. But now they are the easiest ones to keep going.

I find agnata and gigantea easier to grow, but none have ever flowered for me

Back