User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pinguicula Vulgaris prefers alkaline, rocky cliff faces in the USA?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After doing a little research I see that USDA Plants doesn't even show this species occurring in Washington State. However, "Plants of the Pacific NW Coast" by Pojar, Mackinnon et al and "Flora of Mt. Rainier National Park" by Biek do show it here. I am interested in the subspecies vulgaris but I haven't found anything solid about subspecies - which is another way of saying I have no idea, in that regard, about the plants I have seen in the wild. Unfortunately, I have never had my camera with me when I have found them. Do you have a source you could refer me to, Jeff?
    Last edited by bluemax; 01-06-2015 at 09:31 PM.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live a couple blocks from a former P. vulgaris site (Beebe Lake Dam, Cornell University Campus), elevation is only a couple hundred meters. The is another population in Taughannock State park right outside of Ithaca, NY, at the same elevation. They typically grow on limestone cliffs next to waterfalls here.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you seen this vulgaris in flower ? may be have you a picture to the corolla .

are you sure if it is a vulgaris subsp vulgaris , it is may be a macroceras present in this area.

if it is really a vulgaris subsp vulgaris for me it is a scoop , also some picture would be very very interesting for me .

in USA I have just for this vulgaris subsp vulgaris some tickingoff in ALASKA and to west MAINE -NEW HAMPSHIRE-VERMON-NEWYORK MICHIGAN-WISCONSIN-MINNESOTA

in CANADA : ONTARIO-SASKATCHEWAN-MANITOBA-LABRADOR-QUEBEC and to east MACKENZIE .

jeff
    Last edited by jeff 2; 01-13-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12