User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mexican ping experts come (water question)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got water tanks outisde, with rain's water inside... In the beginning, i use this water for all of my carnivorous plants...
    one day i had just a little bit water in tanks, so i keep the water for plants like VFT , sundews etc.... and so i try the tap water with pings... i never see any problems, so now i only use tap water for pings..
    I dont know how many ppm NO3 is inside, but i just make the experience, and when it works...it works !
    don't forget that pings are growing in wild in very bad conditions, so i think they have adaptation skills... pings are kind of warrior plants :-p
    Last edited by ignis; 01-28-2015 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on't forget that pings are growing in wild in very bad conditions, so i think they have adaptation skills... pings are kind of warrior plants

' in situ'

the water is essential for them (and other plants from their environments) if the water is polluted, must sooner or later there will be case sensitive

the ping for me do not adapt to new climatic conditions and environments that are not theirs.

in cultivate

often in non hydroponics we have problems on some species

for hydroponics I think the problem that's life of duration of the plant, but maybe some people can speak ?

jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats good question

how long is the normal life of a pinguicula ?
    can someone tell me ?
    i'm not sure but i think some of mine have few years... perhaps 3 or 4....really dont know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ignis View Post
    how long is the normal life of a pinguicula ?
    It depends on the species. P. lusitanica is said to be an annual, although I think I have had a plant live at least 2 years. There are so many seedlings produced each year that it is difficult to keep track of a single plant.

For others, I don't think there is an age limit. I have had the same P. 'Titan', P. 'John Rizzi', P. macroceras nortensis, P. grandiflora, and others for over 10 years. I have no reason to think they may eventually die other than by gross neglect or some disaster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Concur. In my conditions P. lusitanica lasts more than one year. Might be more if I were to remove flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZ View Post
    It depends on the species. P. lusitanica is said to be an annual, although I think I have had a plant live at least 2 years. There are so many seedlings produced each year that it is difficult to keep track of a single plant.

For others, I don't think there is an age limit. I have had the same P. 'Titan', P. 'John Rizzi', P. macroceras nortensis, P. grandiflora, and others for over 10 years. I have no reason to think they may eventually die other than by gross neglect or some disaster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12