What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indoor Wavelength needed for Ping growth

Hi,
I have a terrarium with pings in it. They are doing well. I have had a t5 fixture over them but just got a new one and changed from a coralife to an ATI fixture. I want to order more bulbs. Any recommendation on the type of bulb I should get? Particularly what wavelength is best for their growth? I would assume closest to natural light I guess. The bulbs are measured in wavelengths and relative intensity. Thanks for the help anyone.

Bonjour

what species have you?

you live in what country?

if you have the opportunity to cultivate those one,without terra, it's better .

jeff

I mean I grow mine under 2 cool and 2 warm t8s. It's not too complicated. Just make sure you have cool colored and warm colored light and a lot of it.

http://www.carnivorousplants.org/howto/SoilsWater/Lighting.php

This is a very informative article.

Last edited:
for my heliamphora I use 2 eco lamp one with 2400°k the other 6400°k ( it is kelvin degree)

for the pinguicula all mine are outdoor for my temperate ,
actually indoor to 12-18°c for my mexican ( outdoor in summer) , for my subtropical US and my cuban always indoor in front of a south window 20-24°c

jeff

Last edited:
I believe the two most popular color temperatures are 3000K and 6500K. The lower temperature bulbs are redder and are supposed to encourage flowering, while the higher temperature bulbs are bluer and supposed to encourage vegetative growth. I don't know if this holds true for carnivorous plants. I've been growing two pings under 6400K bulbs and one flowers frequently while the other never has. Many people will use a mix of low and high color temperature bulbs to get more of a balance. I doubt it matters a whole lot either way though.

Back