What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What\'s it doin...

Hey! My lil Ping Vulgaris a while back sent up a very tall stalk. It bloomed on the end a 1/2" blue flower. As the flower stayed good the stalk doubled it's height. Then one day the flower petals just sort of fell off. The stalk is still standing strong! Should I cut off the stalk?

sorry it's a ping primuliflora!

did you pollinate it? if so, leave the stalk on and yall get seeds. if not, just wait and see if it self pollinated and llok for a seed pod.

I did not pollinate it, and it was the only one in the tank, could it still self pollinate? If so, how long would it take to make the pod? thanks! :cheesy:

hmm..probably its over for the flower.i doubt it self pollinatedd, cuz only lustincum and another ping self pollinates. that haappens to me all the time. a ping would flower, flower falls off, and stalk stays for a long time.

Leave the stalk, even if it doesn't produce a seed pod the stalk will provide the plant with additional energy from photosynthesis, in time it will turn brown and you can cut it then.

whoa...it ain't dyin...it's been there for a really long time now...i say it's time it died....
muhuahahaha!!!
JK! i would not do that! yea, if it gives it extra energy, I'm keepin it!

Back