What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Ping fungus treatment

I have four species of Mexican <i>Pinguicula</i>: <i>P. moranensis</i>, <i>P. ehlersiae</i>, <i>P. cyclosecta</i>, and <i>P. laueana</i>. The latter two are just coming out of dormancy. My moranensis is a good size at about three inches across, while all the other ones are well under an inch. There is a haze of white fungus just beginning to grow all over the surface of the soil in the entire pot. Should I use a fungicide spray ASAP? If so, should I use Banrot or Cleary 3336? Are there any special instructions I need to follow? Someone please help me as soon as possible. Thanks!

For an interim measure, spray the surface with mineral free water, and decrease the humidity: this often checks the growth of fungus. I think that I would repot the plant(s) before I went and sprayed with chemicals, with which I have no experience or advice.

I recently top-watered the tray, and the fungus is less evident and seems to be not too bad as of yet. I don't see any evidence of it spreading to my plants, so I'll probably hold off on any fungicide until I sense a real danger.

Back