What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula agnata x guanajuato

Hi there,

I received about 2 years ago a plant labelled as P. agnata x guanajuato... After some reading on the net, i've found that a similar cross is being called x 'Titan'... Is there anyone which can confirm me this?

P.xTitan was created by Leo Song of CSUF. Its parents are:
P.agnata 'CSUF' x P. pollen from Guanajuato. I know that P.macrophylla is found in the state of Guanajuato, Mexico. The pollen parent is almost certainly macrophylla. P.xTitan produces leaves with petioles, and an underground bulb during the winter.

The P.agnata x guanajuato you have is likely to be P.xTitan, which is commonly propagated in TC by Booman Floral etc.

Tom,

Keep in mind though that not all plants produced from the same parents such as the cross of Pinguicula agnata 'CSUF' x ?[Pinguicula macrophylla] are Pinguicula 'Titan'. Only this particular individual that was selected from this cross and registered as Pinguicula 'Titan' and vegetative propagations from it which are identical to its registered description can be considered to be Pinguicula 'Titan'.

Here is an image of one of my Pinguicula 'Titan':
p_Titan_b_sml.jpg

CP Database link to info about Piinguicula 'Titan'

Back