Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it true?

Marshfield, MA (US) USDA zone 6 cold-temperate coastal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Limp Bizkit is the 'rock' song I referred to. See how I incorrectly lump things into categories? [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    But don't you know that wonderful Walmart song from the commercials??
    rolling, rolling, rolling
    keep those prices rolling,
    keep those prices rolling,
    roll on!
    etc etc etc
    And the smiley face (:)) swishes around and kicks(or bumps!)the prices to lower, more affordable levels.
    Can you tell I pay too much attention to commercials? :biggrin:
    When were you wrong once before in your life, may I ask? I'm wrong on a daily basis.

Staying on topic, pings that do roll their leaves were given the scientific spotlight in a recent Carnivorous Plant Newsletter(CPN). It was the June '01 issue.
    Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya you pay way too much attention. LOL. That's ok though, heck, someone has to, and since I don't have television anymore the responsibility must fall to the next tele-warrior worthy of the quest. LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MOST commercials I just ignore (e.g. loud car commercials), but a flying smiley [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] face sort of catches your attention. And that music--hypnotizing! When I enter a WalMart I always look around and try to imagine what would happen if a big, yellow smiley face starting flying around, singing and kicking (and bumping) into prices. Someone would call security for sure. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God that'ld be nice though huh? Just give a little whistle and the smiley would come floating on over to make that LinkSys home networking kit affordable. LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be tough to get used to, though. Don't you think you'd do a double take if you saw a singing smiley face zooming at you at top speed? [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] Especially in a place as mundane as WalMart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, or if the guy next to you accidentally was whistling rawhide and here come's smiley and knocks you down and scares the poor guy to death and he goes running to the tabloids ranting about huge yellow mutant alien experiments being performed in the back of the Wal-Mart Garden center. LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, with all the crazy things you see in tabloids...

looking back a bit, I see this thread started with pings rolling up their leaves to catch bugs, now it's huge yellow mutant alien smiley faces greeting us at WalMart.

6.5 months is one long-lived thread [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would be interesting if the big smiley face started to sprout identical smiley faces, in a rosette, then it rollin, rollin, rollin 'ed over ppl who complained about the price in Walmart style lingere... boo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast