What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Care

What should be the general care for butterworts?

(Edited by eplants02 at 11:16 am on July 26, 2001)

(Edited by eplants02 at 11:16 am on July 26, 2001)

The General care for the butterwort is almost identical to the Flytrap (which we have posted in the care section of the site).

Bright light, moist soil ALL OF THE TIME, and no temps above 90 degrees. We find that misting the plants on a regular basis with a very light distilled water mist... helps keep them sticky ... but no more than 2 times a day with a quick squirt.

Those basic rules should keep the plant happy and healthy.

Hi,
My Butterwort is turning brown and withering and I don't know why. I give it distilled water and spray it two times a day. I even give it it's required amount of sunlight. It's been like this scince the very first day I got it, which was a month ago. It just continues to get worse! How can I save it!?

I don't spray/mist my plants. Although most growers (from temperate and sub-tropical zones) mist their CPs to increase humidity, I find that the plants rot when I mist them. I live in 65-90% humidity year round.

Back