What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name that ping

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Tags
    ping
G

Does anyone know what this is?
ping.jpg

*sigh* anyone know a cheap place to post photo's?

better guys?

wow! nice plants! I can imagine what your other ones look like...how do you post pics directly, rather than just a link?

wait a minute...it looks just like pinguicula caerulea!~
smile.gif

Looks like it could be Pinguicula caerulea, Pinguicula lutea, or Pinguicula primuliflora, maybe even Pinguicula ionantha. But right now my vote is for Pinguicula primuliflora. I base my "guess" on the appearance of the mid-vein on the leaf that is lowest and on the right of the photograph. If plantlets begin being produced along the mid-vein at the tips of the leaves, that would be a strong indicator. The flower will tell for sure.

Hi I don't know much about pings but I'm all most positive that a P. lutea. I have one that looks just like that and it is a lutea.

Mine came in that same pot and said ''Pinguicula sp.'' did yours say that? I have had mine for over a year and it has sent up lot of flowers that were yellow.

But I guess only way we will know for sure is when it flowers. Please tell us when it does.

thanks

Back