User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I bet y'all know exactly what i'm about to say....

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ***screeches and yells ''BUTTERWORT!!!''*** Yes, my friends, my friend bought me ANOTHER CP! A Butterwort! Well, I don't exactly have it yet... but soon today! She's bringing it over along with her CPs and her leopard gecko, all for ME to take care of while she's gone to Georgia! Anyhowees, I'M GETTING A BUTTERWORT!!! ***dances around like an idiot*** I'm not sure what species yet. I'll have to do some ''picture research'' on Google once the ''baby'' gets here!

So any GROWING tips?

Thanx!
    A, once again, ecstatic FTG

P.S. The friends need to quit giving me so many CPs! I'm running out of room here!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you receive your Pinguicula primuliflora (as I'm almost certain it is going to be), give it plenty of humidity and light and it should do well. I guess one could say you could grow it in similar conditions as D. adelae.

Good luck! ... now calm down..... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Okay... ***takes deep breaths*** in... out... in.... out..... okay... I think I can talk in a normal voice now LOL [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] I'm pretty sure that it will be primuliflora(I spelled that right, right?)because I've seen the ones that my friend had, which she got at the same place as the one she's giving me, and they look like primuliflora. YAY!!! Whoops... calm... ***deep breath***... down...
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, since it's only easy to ID Pings with a pic of a flower, can y'all post some pics of Ping plants/flowers with labels telling what species it is?

Thanks a bunch!!!
    FTG

P.S. I don't have the plant yet. She's bringing it over around 5 P.M.
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ***dances around once again like an idiot yelling ''BUTTERWORT!!!''*** It's here!!! It's about three inches in diameter and has nice, healthy leaves with just a couple brown edges. It has a flower stalk starting to come up and it looks like it just might turn out to be white! YAYAYAYAYAYIGOTMYBUTTERWORTYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is a North American Pinguicula species, and the flower is white, it is likely to be P. ionatha. Let us know when the flower opens and I am sure someone will have a photo to compare it to.

Are there any babies forming at the tips of the leaves? If so, it is probably P. primuliflora.

A good place to look to compare your plant with others is:

http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/Pinguicula.html

"Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tamlin! Well, I will have to look close at it tomorrow. The plant does have a bulge at the tip of one of the leaves, though. I will tell you more tomorrow, for I am going to head off to bed in a couple minutes. Any last-minute advice you want to give me, this is the best time to give it. BTW, I've got it under the same kind of greenhouse thingie as I used for the sundew - another 1 liter bottle half.

Well, I shall go to bed now.

Goodnight!
    FTG
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet it is primuliflora, ionatha is endangered [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast