Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a p. lutea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it is 'Aphrodite' either because that plant does not have rolled in leaf margins. It is also pretty new to cultivation so Gubler's likely wouldn't have it. I'm leaning toward one of the SE US Pings
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This plant very strongly resembles Pinguicula primuliflora, but one grown without enough light to bring out its defining characteristics. I recommend giving it another 100-200 lumens of light and/or a photoperiod 2 hours longer and wait 2-3 weeks. Then post another photograph.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a more thorough examination of your photograph, I am almost 100% sure that it is Pinguicula primuliflora, this is because of the irregular lengths of its leaves, how the tip of the leaf broadens out and flattens and how the mid-vein presents itself. I have been growing CP and Pinguicula since 1968. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks ping man. I actually just got new lighting for all my babes. I was using one 60 watt incandescent full spectrum bulb and now I'm using 2 40 watt 48" tubes. Does that sound like enough? Do I have to go and redo it again?! Oi vey. Thanks for the identification. I can finally say what it is that I have. I don't have access to a camera so I probably won't be posting a picture again anytime soon, but if there are dramatic changes in appearance I'll try. thanks to you all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that sounds better, I recommend placing the plants within 4 inches of the lights, fluorescent lights stay cool enough to permit this, and it helps the plants get the light they need to grow their best. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will they do all right at 12"? I know that's far away but I can't get them any closer right now without having to redo my entire setup which I need a little break from doing. Thanks so much. Shauntell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an image of one of my most vigorous and productive Pinguicula lutea. A few days ago I harvested two, pea sized seed pods and it has two more that are soon to be mature. It has lovely yellow flowers and as you can see the crown splits almost every time the plant blooms.

Of course your plant is not Pinguicula lutea, but even so, I'm afraid 12 inches from two 4 foot fluorescent lights will not give it enough lumens to develop to its fullest, but it will probably be sufficient light to keep it alive. In order for it to develop its full character and to bloom it must eventually be given much more light.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What wattage in tubes the size taht I have would it take at that distance? That is a gorgeous plant. It's very clear taht mine is not a lutea now. Thanks for all of your help. Shauntell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast