Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this a p. lutea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, actually, the Pinguicula lutea in this photograph has flower stalks that are 12 inches high, and they just reach the fluorescent lights that it is growing under. It is the only grow shelf I have that has 8 - 4 foot 40 watt fluorescent tubes (320 watts in an area 2' x 4&#39[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] attached to a support frame that arranges them in an arc above the shelf so that they are all positioned to direct their light onto the shelf. Some of the lights in this configuration are directed at an angle back towards the shelf. The fixtures would not fit on the shelf if they were laid side-by-side onto it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12" that's insane. Mine hasn't flowered yet. Do you have a picture of a healthy primuliflora. I'd like to see what I'm aiming for.
    Wow, I don't think I'd have a setup like that for a long time. So until then it's gonna have to be a little dark. It's wierd because my sundew is turning red and flowering like mad. It seems to be the perfect conditions for it but not the ping. I thought they'd be similar. It's dripping with whatever it is they produce and cathces lots of gnats. So I think it's happy other then the light problem.
    what are the best conditions for primuliflora. Humidty and the such. Do they need a dormant period? Do they die after flowering? All the basics. Thanks for your help and putting up with all of my questions. Shauntell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently had a data loss accident and must wait until my plants are ready to have their pictures taken, but below is a link to an image at the Carnivorous Plant Database which is a very nice photo of the plants in the wild.

This is a nice image of a flower, close-up, also at the Carnivorous Plant Database:

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A photo of the top shelf:

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, those are gorgeous. My plant definately needs more light. Now that I've seen that I'm gonna have to do something for it so that it looks that good. Thanks so much for the pics and help. Shauntell

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123