What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flower colour

Kate

Far too old to grow up now.
Do ping flowers change colour as they get older? ie. do they go from white to pink or white to purple?

I have only dealt with Mexi-Pings so other may be different but I tend to find that the flowers become more pale with age. My potosiensis is flowering like mad, the oldest bloom is significantly lighter then the most recent.

pyro, my flowers have a vice-versa affect as they get older, I see them go from white to purple, lol

Is your question regarding a particular Ping?
My P. primuliflora begins white and after several days takes on its colorful yellow and lavender tones.
biggrin.gif

I'm sorry I didn't phrase that right, what itshould have said was:"Do pings other than primuliflora change colour as they get older?"

I have a mystery ping that I am trying to identify and it seems to be going an orangish pink. I was planning to post pics today however apparantly the camera was left on and now I need to recharge the battery.

On the topic of primuliflora though, 5 days after opening it's still white... any thoughts?

perhaps an alba, only time will tell.
biggrin.gif

Back