What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. moranensis

G

Anyone have any tips on germinating Mexican Ping seeds? My P. moranensis seed won't germinate no matter what I do
sad.gif

Mexican pings do not grow well from seed that was produced by self-pollination. Try getting seeds that resulted from cross-pollination or hybridization.

If this is not the case, then try soaking the seeds for a day or two and sowing the seeds in warm(~mid 70'sF), humid conditions.

I'm sure what kind of seed it is. I got it from the ICPS seedbank. I guess I'll give it a little longer and then give up and buy a plant
smile.gif

Thanks for the advice
smile.gif

3 months..

Ohhhh no because I'm getting some.....I didn't think they were that old.

Try getting the freshest seeds with mexican pings.
P.moranensis is a pretty common mex. ping and you can probably find it for a cheap price.

Pinguicula seed (like the other family members Utricularia, Genlisea) are notoriously short lived. Seed banks don't often clean out seed that is old, because who know's, right? It might still be good.

Another note on seedbanks: seed is only as accurate as the person who sent it is, so take the names on the seed with a good grain of salty skepticism. There aren't a lot of taxonomists sending seed to seed banks, thats for sure!

Back