What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Primuliflora

I am rather new to the oing thing. Bought what I believe to be a primuliflora and was wondering if it goes into a non-carnivorous state during cooler months. I keep mine on the windowsill ans seems that leaves are dryer and smaller than over the summer. They dry up faster too. Could something else be going on?

Thanks

All I have read about these plants is what you have noticed. They do not go 'dormant'. All they do is lose their sticky leaves. They should be fine. I have never put one into dormancy and they have grown super strong for years now. FYI the Butterworts that I grow and have grown are the ionathe, primaflolra, and the moranensis.

Yes P. primuliflora does go dormant. The species can experience temps well below freezing for several nights a winter.
Dormancy can be slight, and this plant continually produces plantlets on the older leaves, so really isn't as important a issue as with some of the other temperate pings. As you have found out by your post.
Regards,

Back