User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ehlersia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i received a p.ehlerisa a while ago. i get a new leaf almost every day. there was about 50 leaves in all. well i decided to take 12 leaves from it. i have them all layed out under 4 20watt bulds on pure vermiculite. sound right?

thanks
    mike
    Lover of Mexican Pinguicula

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good, as long as you get the whole leaf, including the white base, BUT i have found an odd thing with pings: they will bud with an leaf cutting, even if cut in half. Anyways, i have had a problem with ehlersai producing alot of leaves, mine has even popped out of the soil because of that -Zach
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you both received your plants from me.

I do just that same thing when I receive a new Pinguicula plant. I remove almost all of the older leaves and just leave the newest 2 or 3. I then place the detached leaves into one of my little "propagation chambers" and wait. Within a very short time almost all of the leaves bud and form little plantlets which I remove and place into their own "propagation chamber" leaving the leaves to continue producing more plantlets. Soon I have many small plants in various stages of development. When the small plantlets are large enough to move to their own pots I do the same with them and remove nearly all of their leaves and place those leaves into the first propagation chamber with the original set, if they are still viable. . . The Pinguicula plants keep on movin' on down the line. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok great thanks guys
    Lover of Mexican Pinguicula

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, i didnt get my ehlersai from you PingMan [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] , I got mine awhile back from CP2K lol. I got the top quality esseriana, gigantea, and rotundifola [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really bad at remembering what I trade with whom. I am working at fixing that situation. I really want to be able to remember those details, as well as what I get from whom in trade.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A