What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange leaf shape...

Quite simply my Pings (I think caerula) have a strange development on the end of their leaves.  Their tips are bent-in and break as they mature.  It's in a nep terrarium and produces leaves very fast and I've noticed that when it starts producing these bent leaves it produces 4 or 5 and stops and produces some normal ones.  Anybody else have this "problem"?  
confused.gif

I grow caerulea & have never heard of what you are talking about. At first p.primulifolia came to mind when you said there were strange shapes at the ends of the leaves, since they have a habbit of growing small plantlets there. I will look around some more & reaserch!
Cole:)(-:

Did you check for insects? Maybe there could be aphids or some sort insect hiding under the leaf near the center of the plant. They could have may the leaf deformed. (Just a suggestion)

Back