What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of weser flower

Cindy

Staff member
Sorry...not p.weser but p.sethos...(updated 1/4/03)

My Sethos flower is in full bloom. Thanks to PingMan and Tim, I've pollinated it. The flower is 2 cm (3/4 ich) across.

Here are some photos of the bud to full bloom.

Pfd1to31rs.jpg

Pfd1to3rs.jpg

Pfd4rs.jpg

More photos here:
Sethos Flower

smile.gif

Nice pics Cindy.
Thanks for sharing.

Cindy,

I believe that PingMan has determined that this plant is P. 'Sethos'. The new generation of plants should not be distributed as P. 'Sethos', unless they exhibit exactly the same cultivar description.

Nice pictures, btw.

Oops...that means I have to change my mindset...too used to calling it weser...
confused.gif

Hello,

What's the Sethos thing ?
My ping gave me 2 flowers, they look exactly the same as Cindy's, but the leaves are round and flat.

The plant was sold as "Pinguicula weser". What's the difference between weser and Sethos ?

Thanks.

We have been over this before, but to repeat:
The ICPS Database
http://www.omnisterra.com/foo/cp_home.cgi?name=weser&search=all
quotes Insect-Eat.Pl. & How to Grow Them:113 (1986):
"Of these (hybrids) I would mention [Pinguicula ' Sethos ' {Hort.Slack}] ([[Pinguicula moranensis {H.B.K.}] * [Pinguicula ehlersiae {Speta & Fuchs}]]), a fine, very floriferous clone with large orchid-purple flowers with a many-rayed mouth like a white star; [Pinguicula ' Weser ' {Hort.Slack}], of the same parentage and with rather similar flowers, has a solitary white streak down the central lower lobe and dark veins."

Back