What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first Pings

I have just ordered my first pings, 1 - primuliflora and
1 - agnata x moranensis.
They will arrive shortly after Thanksgiving and they will need to be repotted. I will be growing them outdoors in South Florida and need advice on the following;
-What size pots will I need?
-What growing medium should I use?
-How big do these particular species get?
-What part of the world did they originate from?
Any other growing tips would be helpful.

I refuse to buy any more CPs.
wink.gif

I do not have room for any more CPs.
rock.gif

I do not need to buy any more CPs.
wow.gif

I cannot afford to buy any more CPs.
sad.gif

Well...maybe just a few more wouldn't hurt.
biggrin.gif

My only butterwort is p. primuliflora. mines thriving and flowering so I think I can help with that one. It is in the PFT potting medium. (it may say what that is on their site if you click on plant accessories in the shopping home section). It is in a terrarium about 18 gallons, with a 14 watt and a 23 watt (gotta check that actually) compact flourescent lamp, a little over a foot away from the plant. The plant has a verrrrrrrrrry lengthy photoperiod, about 14 and a half hours. The temperature is in generally from 60-70 degrees F. So. . . you will need to have a place with long sun, pretty warm, humid, and with the things in the pft mix. . . and it should do fine. Also, p. primuliflora comes from florida I think. so you should have an easy time with it. have fun!!
smile.gif

Oh, and it is in a pot about 2 or 3 inches, the one it came in I think.

P.S. maybe a FEW cps for Christmas. . . Okay, I wont tempt you anymore.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info Ddude. I guess my regular 50/50 peat/peat perlite mix will work.
-How big do these particular species get?
-What part of the world did they originate from?
rock.gif

Be careful of the agnata x moranensis. I have received plants labeled agnata x moranensis that are actually moranensis x ehlersiae.

Back