What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ionantha

I hand pollinated a ionantha flower a few days ago, and the petals fell off the flower yesterday (as to be expected shortly after pollination from what I hear).  The deal is, I noticed small black specks on the ping leaves near the fallen petals.  Look like seeds... Seeds don't form that quick do they?  There is a seed pod forming (of course).  Is this some strange coincidence of some kind?  
rock.gif

-Homer

Are there any Drosera species growing near your plants that have flowered? 3 days is too soon for seed set. Plant the seeds though, you never know what you might get, and that will solve the mystery.

No drosera is nearby, but I have U. subulata flowering in the same pot.  Maybe that might have something to do with it?

-Homer

This might sound kinda dumb, but I though the same thing had happened with my p.primuliflora...but I figured out it was sprigtails! Maybe take an even closer look?

Back