What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few pictures for you

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
At the top is a Pinguicula 'John Rizzi' potted in a 4 1/4 X 4 1/4 inch pot.  The other 6 plants are the so called  Pinguicula 'Sethos' potted in 2 1/4 X 2 1/4 pots (although the plants go way over the end of the pots...  the one in flower is 3 1/2 inches across) and the flower is also of the Pinguicula 'Sethos'  
Question is: are Pinguicula 'John Rizzi' plants usally this big?  and is the color of the Pinguicula 'Sethos' common?
pings.jpg

sethosflower.jpg

Enjoy!  Andrew

Incredible! I never knew that Pinguicula 'Sethos' could become so red!
wow.gif

Looks like pink roses; Nice pix anyway
smile.gif

adnedarn, those pings are awesome! What lighting conditions do you give them?

Beautiful pings!
In my experience Sethos can become extremely dark pink, almost red in color... so they look fine to me
smile.gif

In my experience Sethos can become extremely dark pink, almost red in color. But thats just my own personal experience.

Fantastic pics! Isn`t `sethos` a sibling to `weser`?
wink.gif
I`m getting a `weser` from a trade with vertigo.:)

You have quite a few P. 'Sethos'! Nice pic of the flower BTW. Those plants are such a pretty color too.

SF

gugin: Yup, they can.  
biggrin.gif

wickedthistle: About 6 inches from 4 4ft flourecent tubes

Bonnie: Yes, these are a very dark red almost purple.  That pic doesn't do real justice.  Close anywho...

Pondboy: Sibling I'm not real sure.  I do know there is alot of confusion between the two.  Chances are you'll end up with the so called "Sethos" also.  It is most common.  Once it flowers you should be able to get a better idea.  This page helped me decide to call mine "Sethos" Sethos/weser page

SnowyFalcon: Thanks!  They all came from one plant.  Propagation is the game.  
wink.gif

Thanks all for the compliments!!
Andrew

Beautiful plants Andrew! Isn't one of them mine? hehehe
biggrin.gif

...and for the heck of it, here is a closeup pic of the center.  The leaf color is just about corect.  In real live it is probably a little bit more red.   But anyway, cool how the center is green huh?  
biggrin.gif

psethos1-6-03.jpg

Andrew

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Amazing plant Pinguicula 'Sethos'. I remember when this was just a single little plant living in a zip loc, wooden clothes-pinned to my kitchen fluorescent light.

Below is a photo of one tray of several, this tray actually has a base of media {Sphagnum peat moss}

p_Sethos_Jan_04_A.jpg

This is a smaller tray, the plants are completely without media, just growing in a mat like moss. I let them dry out between wettings.

p_Sethos_Jan_04_B.jpg
</span>

Wow Joseph, all those from that one plant in a zip lock baggie huh? Plus all of them that you have traded away and given away... Even the ones that I have pictured here came from one plant that you gave me. And I have given away/traded away quite a few of them also. So, I'd say that one plant has done its job!! LOL Keep up the great work "Mr. propagation"
biggrin.gif

Andrew

Sorry Suzanne I didn't see your post.
rock.gif

I don't know is one yours?
Andrew

Hmmmph.  The girls get all the action on this board
laugh.gif

Well, I for one am not going to beg and whine for even so magnificent a plant as those in these photo's. Andrew is the sort of intelligent, kind and witty guy that doesn't need sucking up. If fact, I would prefer to pine and waste away before I so much as hinted at my overwhelming desire to get such a plant. I'm sure the rest of you feel the same........

William, right you are! I have already reviewed your growlist and saw you were missing out on this beautiful plant. And it has been added to the small list of things that will be shipped to you when your weather gets better. I think I saw something else too but I forget what it is right now...
Andrew

Get Pings! Now, if I could just stop killing mine.

Back