What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. primuliflora

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Mine has produced numerous plantlets and the plantlets have sent out roots. How does one separate the plantlets without butchering the mother plant? I ended up using scissors, cutting off the leaves containing the plantlets. I don't think the mother was happy with me.

I typically wait for the leaf they are on to rot away. Then they will have a small root system and the mother plant will be happy too.

SF

I agree with SF. Wait until the mother leaf starts to rot away and then gently remove the plantlets. Seems like when they're ready to go all it takes is a gentle tug.
primuliflora.jpg

Thanx guys! Nice pic. Looks like I didn't wait long enough. The mother leaves were definitely going - but they weren't gone. Live and learn!

Remember you were looking for more experience than can be obtained by reading a book? There is some "experience" for you, Jim! Now, you know what to do with P. primuliflora plantlets, which may help you out in your future CP propogation. You're getting there!

SF

what is all that green and pink growth it looks more apealing than my dirt

Back