What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How big is yours?

Just wondering about the sizes of this plant before it divides itself.

Mine just keeps looking like it's getting larger and larger. It split into the second growth point during flowering (went from 1 scape at a time to 3), but instead of that really dwarfing it, I swear the plants still getting larger.

Here's mine about four months ago:

'Aphrodite'-MeasurePlant-1.jpg

'Aphrodite'-Plant-1.jpg

Just for fun, and those that haven't seen it:
'Aphrodite'-Flower-CloseUp-1.jpg

I'll try to get more recent photos if anyone would like. Right now...well, see those leaves hanging over the edge of the pot? Well, now some of the leaves are hanging over the edge, and all the way down into the water tray that I have the pot in. :p

Here is my P. 'Aphrodite' today. Notice that it died back during winter in the Humboldt State University greenhouse and is beginning to grow again. It still has a single growth point. For scale, it is in a 4-inch pot.
P_aphrodite1074.JPG

Here is my mother Pinguicula 'Aphrodite':

p_Aphrodite_AB2.jpg

Here is a tray of little ones, (they were all produced by removing almost all the leaves from the mother plant when she was first received - insurance against unexpected loss of mother):

p_Aphrodite_AA2.jpg

Back