User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: P. agnata x (moranensis x ehlersiae)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a plant and its flower of Pinguicula agnata x (moranensis x ehlersiae) (well, I receive it labelled this way, but since I discovered yesterday another misIDed plants in my collection, we can't never be sure (or I am turning paranoid over the years! )

A funny thing about this plant is that even if I switche the light cycle from 12/12 to 16/8 following the season, growing it under strong light, it refuse to flower for me under artificial light over 4 years of growing. But put it on a windowsill, it will produce larger, Lettuce-like leaf, and its pinkish coloration will disappear, but it will flower abundantly, almost non-stop all the year, in a terrarium or not. It seems that some Pings like a little less attention from us apparently! lol

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a beautiful plant you got there Tommy. That's interesting about the difference between artificial and natural light. Hmmmmmmm....

Thanks for sharing.

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps your plant was responding to an increase in the fluctuation between day and night temps.
    Peace