Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: YuccaDo1713 First Flower Photographs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well then, I guess nevermind on that then.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Vic,

Beautiful pic of this YuccaDo1713!! I was really intrigued by all those hairs, since all the esseriana and jamauvensis I've seen here in Mexico are only slightly hairy around the yellow markings on the lower lip. Otherwise, they're as smooth as ehlersiae.

But what most intrigued me was the size of the spur -- very short! At least comparing to the ehlersiae/ esseriana/ jamauvensis I've seen so far in Mexico. Since my cultivation experience with these is nearly null, I can't speak for all the forms in cultivation.

I'll surely be keeping my eyes on these characters in the field when I go up to San Luis Potosi...

Take care,
    Fernando

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

I just saw more ehlersiae/ esseriana/ jamauvensis this past weekend, I'll soon send pics and another postcard to Eric Partrat's website.

Anyways, I saw plants which I believe would be closest to jamauvensis, especially the one in Vic's picture a few messages back (next to the esseriana flower). The flowers were EXTREMELY variable, but usually had some veining like your pic Vic, plus the hairyness too. The spurs were shorter than at other sites I'd seen ehlersiae/ esseriana, but NOT as short as the YuccaDo plant which started this thread. That's still a really strange little bugger to me, with its short spur and all...

Take Care,
    Fernando Rivadavia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the new postcard of Fernando.

POSTCARD 10

BTW, if you had enought of Mexico [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] you can also fly to Colombia for a new postcard of Sebastian with P. elongata in wild [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Pinguicula elongata
    Eric Partrat
    epbb@club-internet.fr

A WORLD OF PINGUICULA
    www.pinguicula.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a fairly distinctly different looking flower from any I've seen. The petal width to length ratio proticularly.

I'm a newbe at growing pings, but I've been looking at photoes and at plants for a long time and that just doesn't line up with anything I've seen. It's oviously not a white varient because it has pigment all over the place in fine details. Otherwise, the shape fits best with some of the purple flowering species, which really does not may sence.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been ignoring this thread, I've just been waiting for another flower to open!

The last of the YuccaDo plants to flower in cultivation, 1717 has just flowered for me and it is virtually identical to 1713.

YuccaDo 1717

The only real difference being that 1717 opened a very pale lilac colour, wheras the lobes of 1713 were alsmost pure white. However, with age, the flower of 1713 has darkened to a distinct pale lilac and the shape changed a little.

YuccaDo 1713 three weeks after opening

Still not sure what this Ping is (1713 and 1717), but out of all the likely suspects in my collection, it does look closest to my P. jaumavensis, but is still quite different.

P. jaumavensis and YuccaDo 1713

Vic
    They say that money talks, but all it ever says to me is goodbye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -tr
    Eric Partrat
    epbb@club-internet.fr

A WORLD OF PINGUICULA
    www.pinguicula.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the new
    postcard 11
    of Fernando Rivadavia :

" Considering the variations Iíve been seeing, Iím really not sure any of these can be separated as species or even varieties. I think Iíll just call them all P.esseriana / ehlersiae/ jamauvensis from now on. Or else simply P.esseriana, which was the 1st name published. " Fernando Rivadavia on march 2004 !

P. jaumavensis, P. ehlersiae, P. esseriana...

P. reticulata

P. cyclosecta

Eric Partrat
    epbb@club-internet.fr

A WORLD OF PINGUICULA
    www.pinguicula.org

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast