User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Unknown ping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off this is not my plant so please don't bombard me with requests for it

I got this pic from a frined. It was taken by a bird photographer in the Dominican Republic. I have had a few suggestions as to its probably ID but I would love to hear more

And I know this is an ID request but please do not move this to the ID forum. I think it will get a better response here.

'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet Paul from the Uk knows. he has been to the Dominican Republic looking for certain epiphytical pings, I think. I will try and figure out if I still have a email.

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, it looks a bit like P. moctezumae possibly ?
    But that (AFAIK) is not an epiphyte - is the plant in the photo growing on the branch?
    Kind regards,

Adam.
    Wales, UK [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I'm mainly interested in Drosera, Dionaea & Aldrovanda, Hardy Orchids (esp Dactylorhiza), Arums and Ericas (Heaths/Heathers - European + S.African)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Adam,

P.moctezumae is from Mexico not the Dominican Republic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Pinguicula casabitoana to me. Did the photographer see any flowers?

If it is P. casabitoana, it is a rather remarkable find since this is a relatively unknown plant. Always good to know new locations for this plant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Utricman,

You are the second person to suggest casabitoana to me so the confirmation is very beneficial. The photographer did not see any flowers unfortunatly.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops... I missed the part about being photographed in the Dominican Republic - definately not P.moctezumae in that case!

Interesting plant anyway!
    Kind regards,

Adam.
    Wales, UK [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I'm mainly interested in Drosera, Dionaea & Aldrovanda, Hardy Orchids (esp Dactylorhiza), Arums and Ericas (Heaths/Heathers - European + S.African)