Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P. primuliflora

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, actually they do not "self-pollinate", they must be pollinated manually, either by human intervention or another animal, possibly an insect. They are often "self-fertile", pollen from the same clone can instigate the production of viable seed. And, no they do not normally expire immediately after seed production.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, one more thing - they are one of the hardest plants to ship in the mail! I've never had one arrive alive at its destination. In fact, after half an hour out of its medium, it will start to wilt. And if you leave it in a pot or packed in spag, it often gets crushed or too warm. Arg!

Good thing is, they're easy to find at the store!
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had nmo problems with it... but I often keep it waterlogged, all the way to the soil surface. I let it dry out for a good while after it evaporates, though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep my ping's primuliflora, planifolia, and carulea growing in the bog garden right over the water pump outlet, and they are doing well. They are young (15 years old), but seem to prefer a medium drenched in MOVING water. Since I put them in this situation, they have grown like weeds, and produce flowers in abundance. No rots, no fungus', and they eat like pigs. I do prefer to try and copy the growing situation, and I find that circulated RO water seems to do good things for their root development, and overall health. In Apalachicola, the butterworts actually live for a season under water as an aquatic, but the important thing to note is the water is always flowing (slowly) and they just seem to love it. Mine do.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12