Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butterworts in full sun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a similar recent experience with rapid wilting with Pinguicula primuliflora. I found three nice looking specimens at a local nursery store. They were the only plants in a box of assorted CPs that had been able to withstand being cooped up in their 3" domes for an extended period. Within 15 minutes of removing them from their domes they withered horribly before I could transplant them. I placed all three plants in a loosely covered fish bowl using moistened LFS as the planting medium and placed them on a bright but sunless north facing windowsill. It's taken about two weeks for all three plants to make a full comeback. I've had some leaf rot and discovered that snipping off just the affected portion of the leaf has a beneficial overall effect on the plant. Two plants have begun sending up flower stalks as of yesterday and all three have plantlets forming on one or more of their leaves. I'm going to let this terrarium stay on this same windowsill for one year and see how well these plants fare over that time. I grow Pinguicula grandiflora and P. moranensis outside on an east facing porch where they receive 4 hours of morning sun..8am-noon. Both species seem to do very well under those conditions during the summer months. P. grandiflora heads into an unheated, enclosed porch for the winter and P. moranensis takes it's winter vacation on the bright but sunless north facing windowsill.

Professor Carrington..\"We owe it to science to stand here and
    die rather than destroy a source of
    wisdom\".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Thank you PinguiculaMan for pointing out my late night species errors in haste. The above species are P.grandiflora and P.primuliflora.
    Professor Carrington..\"We owe it to science to stand here and
    die rather than destroy a source of
    wisdom\".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NP flytrap59,
    I've made more than my own fair share of typos. I edited your post a little. Just wanted you to know too that we can all edit our own posts when signed on. The link is in the upper right corner of the particular post.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12