Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinguicula esseriana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Thanks for sharing your pic, it as well as all your other pictures are excellent. I prefer an all green esseriana but the red on the leaves of your plants is beautiful. The flower is quite beautiful too. My biggest esseriana is finally making a flower. How many and how many times a year do your plants produce flowers?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pingman, how did you plant the pings? I can understand the pumice in the centre i.e. a vertical column, but how do the plants grow? Their roots in the pumice or peat?
    Cindy

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is JUST beautiful!
    my ping x Long name isn't doing so well... i dont know why

how close are they to the lights?
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 2-3 inches.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ping all of a sudden got two brownish stripes on its leaves and died, right before producing a strange, mutated leaf which looks like a normal 'tree' leaf. Might it be that I changed its environment too quickly (from high humidity to not much compared - darn how could I forget)...thankfully it is now producing normal, but smaller leaves. What's your humidity pingman?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]My ping all of a sudden got two brownish stripes on its leaves and died
    I am puzzled, your ping goes from being "dead" to continued growth?

My humidity varies quite a lot, from around 20% -60%, mostly stays near 45%. Some of them have cool air with nearly 0% R.H. blowing on them from the air-conditioner. This is ameliorated by moving air from another fan from across the room breaking up the flow of air-conditioned air.

My experience with Pinguicula leads me to believe that most problems people have with them is that they don't provide enough light. Lots of good light, without excessive heat, can turn a sickly plant into a thriving plant. And it only takes a few days without good light to knock a thriving plant down into a pile of rotten mush.

The appearance (phenotype) of many of my Pinguicula varies greatly, with my assumption that most of the variation is due to duration, intensity, and spectrum of the light they receive.

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's mine. What's interesting to me is that I've grown this for a year now, and it's been green without even a hint of red for the whole time. However, it's been under a 400 watt MH light, and I just a couple weeks ago moved it under fluorescents, and it's already got a nice pink hue. It's grown in intermediate/highland temps indoors in peat/sand 1:1. Obviously, it's been there a while, and the U. bisquamata and the ubiquitous moss have largely taken over. Looks great, though!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice caps.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast