0 Thread(s)
    Yes, looking very nice.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metal halide is great for growth, but not so nice for coloration. There is something about the spectrum in flourescents that just can't be beat, especially with Pinguicula, but the question is, is the color typical for plants found in habitat? I've found outdor grown specimens have far less color vs the ones grown indoors, so the color is obviously a result of a specific type of wavelength found in the light tubes. Some growers prefer a more typical look, but I really like the peachy pastels, the blues, bronzes, purples and reds to be found in the leaves under flourescent lighting. Keeping the plants close, close, close to the bulbs really does the trick. Some of my plants look like they are painted.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy cow Capslock! I don't know what it is, but I just loooove the nice juicy 'succulence' of ping leaves. Yummy...makes me feel like I want to eat them, especially when I'm thirsty... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very beautiful Capslock! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a close-up of the first photo. It clearly shows that these are not non-carnivorous leaves. They are very glandular and sticky:

Here is a link to a page I made to show how I insert a vertical layer of pumice for aeration.

Vertical pumice layer in pot

BTW, those of you wondering how you can separate plants when the crown splits. No need to worry, just wait and the plants will separate themselves.

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123