What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got to grow them all!

I bought a Primuliflora today! Yay me!

I know it's not a challenging species, but I'm really happy anyway. =D

[Edit: specie, definition: Money with intrinsic value, such as gold and silver coins. ---> Species as it refers to living creatures is considered to be both plural and singular in the one form. Though, whenever I look at this word, "species" for too long, it always looks wrong.
smile_m_32.gif
]

Happy growing. Careful though, growing Pinguicula can be contagious and potentially addictive.

Soon after buying a VFT I bought a "butterwort". Since the little pot didn't specify and the nurseryworkers were clueless, I perused through Savage Garden for an ID. Unfortunately, most Pings, to me, either looked like moranensis or primuliflora. It wasn't until a couple months later that it began producing plantlets that I was reasonably confident that I indeed had a primuliflora.Then it sent up iris colored flowers (8) over the next few months.

This is probably the easiest Ping to maintain and certainly one of the easiest cp's, as well. It prospered for me at an east facing window sill, getting pane filtered morning light. I eventually moved it to a south facing sill, shaded by trees, diffusing its light. It has been kept using the open tray method with recommended morning sun / bright shade.

My brother has one of these, Already flowered twice and produced a lot of offsping. I gotta repot it cuz of some mould though.

Hehe, I'll be careful to get infected by that contagion. =D
Dang CPs are addictive...

My first CP was a P. primulaflora. It lived for 3 years and it grew to 4 inches and produced many offsets and flowers

Primuliflora = The great Satan of pings as it appears everyone can grow them except me

Back