Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to purchase pinguicula villosa and p. vu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been told there are exchanges for carnivorous plants however I am far too new to have anything to offer in exchange so I would like to know where to purchase Pinguicula villosa and P. vulgaris. Preferably from a northern grower. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I`d try dean cooks site(do a websearch it`ll come up).
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I placed an order with the Cooks last month. They didn't have P. villosa or P. vulgaris and they were low in stock on a few others. Very nice people though. They offered substitutions for all the plants I had tried to order though which was very nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok,sorry I thought they would have it.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found Pinguicula planiflora here-
    www.carnivorousplantnursery.com

I have placed only 3 orders for carnivorous plants. All were for myself and all were placed about a month ago before it got really cold around here. Carnivorous Plant Nurseries out east was one of the 3 nurseries I ordered from as well as Botanique. The man here sent quite a few free plants when I ordered which was incredibly generous. His plants were huge too and to me they looked incredibly healthy. I think if I can't locate a source for either the P. villosa or P. vulgaris any where that I will just go and order a few P. planifloras from him for delivery next spring and see what happens.

One thing I can say about people in the CP business is that they are all very nice and they offer help. I was told to feel free to call back anytime after I received my orders by all 3 nurseries. I didn't as I found this web site but the offers were sincere. Can't recall ever having placed an order for non CP plants where anyone told me to call back anytime after I placed an order and paid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Wistuba sell both of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both vulgaris and villosa are considered difficult to grow temperate species and require cool temperatures and high humidity during the summer. P.villosa is also very rare. You might want to start with P.grandiflora ssp. grandiflora, which is an easy to grow and easy to find temperate Pinguicula.
    P.planifolia is a warm-temperate species. I am not sure how cold tolerant this is, but it grows in Nothern Florida.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you BjørnNorman and CP2k. Another member suggested P.grandiflora so that is what I will go with for now. Again, thank you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast