Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question for pinguiculaman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would expect that one bag would be much more than enough. That link is to the source of the packaged product. I do not know if they will sell a single bag. They usually sell in volume at wholesale prices to retail stores. Though they can definitely let you know where to get their product in your area.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sungro is a distributor and they won't sell one bag!

I had difficulty locating a retailer for their pumice. They don't seem to have anyone out my way offering it.

Will this product work?
    another pumice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that black pumice? If you use it I would recommend checking its wet pH first (the pumice I use has a pH about 5-6), then rinsing it thoroughly too. Thanks for the link. I think I may even try the black pumice myself.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea what type of pumice it is. It was the only pumice I could find on the Internet available in a small quantity. Pretty much every time I found pumice it was only available wholesale. What type of pumice do you think it is? I am absolutely clueless. Should I buy a bag and post photos and discard it if it isn't the right type? Maybe only one of us should buy a bag. I'll be the experimental guinnea pig if you want. No sense a bunch of us each having a bag if it isn't the right type of pumice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my investigations into the issue, the darker colored pumice with higher iron contents may be even better for CP than the light colored pumice I now use, and may even be heavier and even less likely to float. I'm thinking of picking some up when I'm in town today. I have also been thinking of creating some hypertuffa pot caps (to place on top of the media in a pot with a small opening for the plant to be planted through) to help hold the plants in place and to reduce moss antagonism.

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe,

Interesting...If it has higher iron concetrations, it may also be good for plants naturally found in laterite mixes in Nature. Laterite costs a fortune(at least in fish stores).
    If have a source, let me know. If it's okay with you, I may down the road buy some from you and pay for shipping a small box here, to try a experiment with something, like N. merriliana, or petiolaris Drosera, ect.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for bumping, need to add a post to this so that I can save this thread so it shows up in my topic tracker for another 30 days to give me time to figure out how to save it somewhere.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123