What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for pinguiculaman

• Thread starter LauraZ5
  • Start date
From my investigations into the issue, the darker colored pumice with higher iron contents may be even better for CP than the light colored pumice I now use, and may even be heavier and even less likely to float. I'm thinking of picking some up when I'm in town today. I have also been thinking of creating some hypertuffa pot caps (to place on top of the media in a pot with a small opening for the plant to be planted through) to help hold the plants in place and to reduce moss antagonism.

Joe,

Interesting...If it has higher iron concetrations, it may also be good for plants naturally found in laterite mixes in Nature. Laterite costs a fortune(at least in fish stores).
If have a source, let me know. If it's okay with you, I may down the road buy some from you and pay for shipping a small box here, to try a experiment with something, like N. merriliana, or petiolaris Drosera, ect.

Cheers,

Joe

Sorry for bumping, need to add a post to this so that I can save this thread so it shows up in my topic tracker for another 30 days to give me time to figure out how to save it somewhere.

Back