What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's that?

Hi guys!

Bofore going to bed yesterday, I went to gaze lovingly at my Cps' progress, as I do pretty much every day.

Guess what I saw!?!
Two heavily armored slimes with tentacles-thingies oozing about on my cute P. moranensis!
As you can imagine, I immediatly pulled it out of the tank and picked all the snails I could find out and placed them in detention in a pill container.

They were truly small and I doubt I managed to find them all.

On the bright side : they do not seem to have gotten any farther than the ping, except for one lone snail who was in my U. livida, whose pot is located right besides the ping's.

Any advice?

You could try all sorts of "organic" approaches such as beer in a cup, etc. My suggestion would be to drink the beer and put a couple of snail bait pellets (iron phosphate or metaldehyde) in a small cup or lid next to the plants.

I always find small snails on my Mexi-Pings and have basically given up trying to kill them all off because they are like rats and just keep breeding. I kill them when I see them but that is about all the effort I go through.

I would like to add though that, in my experience, they seem to only really go after the dead/dying leaves or the prey carcasas on the leaves and never really do any damage to the plants. Perhaps mine are just well behaved snails though

I do not find many, but I leave the ones that I do find. They do not seem to do any damage. The sarra seem to like the flavor of snail.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BobZ @ Dec. 10 2004,2:00)]You could try all sorts of "organic" approaches such as beer in a cup, etc. My suggestion would be to drink the beer and put a couple of snail bait pellets (iron phosphate or metaldehyde) in a small cup or lid next to the plants.
An alternative to beer in cans is bakers yeast and sugar. I used to use it to keep slugs away from my strawberry patch.

Aphids & slime & snails - oh my!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Back