What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group Christmas photographs

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
Christmas_group_photo_a_web.jpg

Nice nice!! Looks great as usual, p.man =).

What is the one on the top left? It's gorgeous!

Top left corner is Pinguicula 'Aphrodite'.

The flower of P.'Tina' has to be one of my favorites.

And to think my wife doesn't think CP's are pretty....
confused.gif

*gasp*
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Has she not ever seen a sarr flower??

Joseph,  Is the ping with the purple flower in the right hand tray a sethos?  If so it will be my first correct ID of ANY ping.  
biggrin.gif

Is the Drosera D. villosa/ascendens?

Cheers,

Joe

Jan, yes that is Pinguicula 'Sethos'. There are three Pinguicula 'Sethos' in this photo, two in the left-hand tray and one in the right-hand tray.

Joe, the Drosera is just Drosera capensis, it was just there to use the space as efficiently as possible.

whats the one in the top right? i like the two color flower.

How embarrassing! The petioles are so wide compared to the lamina, it looks villosa -like.
I may get that thing off this week to you, I may wait until next week. Some temps are supposed to get below zero around here....

Ohhhh! Looks so good!
What about the one in the right-hand tray that's small and so red you can barely see it? That one looks pretty too =).

Red plant just right of center = Is one of the group of four from my recent post about the unidentified and unflowered Mexican Ping. I moved it into its own larger pot hoping to inspire it to bloom.

Well I know I find it's sight inspiring ^^.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elarwhis @ Dec. 22 2004,8:37)]*gasp*
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Has she not ever seen a sarr flower??
No, not yet. But then again, neither have I - at least of my own plants. Hopefully, next year...
smile.gif

A good way to encourage Pings to bloom is to move them from artificial light to natural light.

Amazin'! Hopefully my pings will look like dat someday
smilie4.gif

Back