What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. primuliflora pic.

I was out taking pics of my neps when I took this one of my P. primuliflora. My pings are going crazy, with my P. x Titan, P. moranensis, and P. x Aphrodite <span style='color:red'>[Edit: P. 'Titan', P. moranensis, and P. 'Aphrodite']</span> all flowering.

Pings are cool.

P_primuliflora.sized.jpg

Capslock

Now I know for sure which Ping I have... same flowers.

firstflower2.jpg

definatley P. primuliflora! Nice work!

Those are very beautiful and stunning photographs!
Keep them coming!

Cheers,
Jan

You live in CA.
I live in FL which is the native habitat for P. primuliflora.
You have healthy P. primuliflora.
I can't keep one alive for more than two months.
Life is not fair.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lauderdale @ Feb. 18 2005,9:37)]You live in CA.
I live in FL which is the native habitat for P. primuliflora.
You have healthy P. primuliflora.
I can't keep one alive for more than two months.
Life is not fair.
The name of the game is "Strength in numbers"...

My P. primulifloras <span style='color:red'>[Edit: should read; P. primuliflora, species names do not change spelling to indicate singular or plural, they are both in all cases.]</span> are always producing plantlets. I move these plantlets to other pots. Every once in a while, a Ping dies on me for apparently no reason. It's in full bloom, and then the leaves start to brown, and the whole thing dies. It's in a pot with other Pings, and the others are doing fine, under the exact same conditions.

I've suspected I might be able to save the plant if I cut the flowers off when i first see them, when the plant is ailing, but I haven't tried it yet.

Do all P. primuliflora flowers have the blue tint, mine just flowered but it's all white and it's in my terrerium which also made my D. capensis flower ineffectually.

Mine gradually went from almost white to bluish in a week or two.

There are all white flowered forms of many of the SE USA Pinguicula, and nearly all Pinguicula flowers gradually change shade as they age.

I experienced the same phenomenon with one of my primulifloras <span style='color:red'>[Edit: should read, "P. prumuliflora", please see earlier note]</span> - white->iris color.

On a sad note, my 18 month pride and joy is dying, surrounded by her babies. What is the typical lifespan of a window sill primuliflora?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 19 2005,6:50)]I experienced the same phenomenon with one of my primulifloras <span style='color:red'>[Edit: should read, "P. prumuliflora", please see earlier note]</span> - white->iris color.

On a sad note, my 18 month pride and joy is dying, surrounded by her babies. What is the typical lifespan of a window sill primuliflora?
I have not grown promuliflora <span style='color:red'>[Edit: should read P. primuliflora]</span>....but after reading about the plant a lot, the average lifespan is 2-4 years(it can be under 2 years in some cases too) But the plant makes lots of babies before it dies, which will grow rappidly.

Back