What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Propagating Pinguicula 'Sethos'

I do not appreciate warm white fluorescents (6500K)<span style='color:red'>[Edit: correction, should read 3000K -> 6500K = daylight]</span>. Sure they are good for blooming, but for my money they are just not good enough at providing energy for outstanding vegetative growth like I find with cool white fluorescents (4100K). If I were ever to try one it would be in combination with 2 or 3 cool white.

Cool white are 6500K, aren't they? 6500K has a bluish tint... hence the "cool" label as far as I knew. And 4100K is more in the yellow range, hence the "warm".

The labels on the packaging didn't differentiate 4100K v. 6500K. I took a stab in the dark and purchased what two other male customers stated was definitely a cool bulb. It was either that or pick up a Pro Gro-bulb which is full spectrum. Should I just go back and get Grow bulbs? At this point, price is not a concern as I just want my plants to live.

The grow bulbs are a waste of money. A big waste. They do nothing better for the plants than make them look creepy.

Looks interesting.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PinguiculaMan @ Mar. 15 2005,8:57)]Nope, it's the other way around. The warm white are 6500K and are more yellow, and the cool white are 4100K and are more blue.

FlourescentsB.jpg

I figured cool white and daylight were the same thing... glad you posted that info too.

Back