Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy dance! my very first pings

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Mar. 09 2005,11:58)]Hey elgecko, sorry! Sounds as if you got a little over generous again I take it. I'm fresh out of pots so off I go to the Asian food market again to get pots for new babies I didn't even know were on their way to me. Thank you!
    Laura,
    Did you not get the last PM I sent you listing all the seed, gemmae, and plants coming your way?
    I would think you should have them by this weekend.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gosh elgecko, I don't think I did get it. Perhaps I screwed up but does Terra ever boo boo sending PMs?

I knew you were sending D. capensis and D. spatulata seed and extra seed so I did tell Mrs. Bohning to make more space for trays to germinate. Hate to do this but I need help on how to care for gemmae. We need instructions on that one or it will end up toast. Please use my regular e-mail so I can forward the growing instructions to the classroom computer so they are right there in the room on an e-mail for them to follow. You'll be in good company on the classroom computer with Brooks Garcia, Bob Ziemer, and William Dawnstar. I forwarded their directions over too. Much easier that way as they can look up the plant or seed and voila! The directions are right there any time they need to access them. The teacher and the kids still make mistakes though, just not as many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Mar. 09 2005,11:58)]Hey endparenthesis, I just looked up the blooms on the P. primuliflora and they are absolutely beautiful. May I please take a raincheck?
    So far I haven't gotten a plantlet to survive (granted I haven't tried very hard)... I need to put them somewhere more humid. So I'll work on that, and you can have the result.

The flowers are pretty nice. It's the first CP I've had do it, and the fourth bloom is already on its way.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a list of what I recall I included.

Seeds:
    Darlingtonia californica - stratified
    Drosera capensis 'alba'[Edit: There is no cultivar of Drosera presently registered as 'alba' or 'Alba', there is, however, a cultivar derived from Drosera capensis named, Drosera 'Albino'.]
    Drosera capensis 'red'[Edit: Drosera capensis (red). There is no cultivar of Drosera presently registered as 'red' or 'Red', as your single quotes would imply. I recommend enclosing these non-cultivar descriptive terms in parentheses or double quotes to avoid confusing them with valid, registered cultivar names.]
    Drosera spatulata
    Drosera sessilifolia

Gemmae:
    Drosera nitidula ssp allantostigma

Plants:
    Dionaea muscipula - Dente[Edit: The correct registerd name for this cultivar is Dionaea 'Dentate Traps']
    Dionaea muscipula - Typical
    Drosera capensis 'alba'[Edit: There is no cultivar of Drosera presently registered as 'alba' or 'Alba', there is, however, a cultivar derived from Drosera capensis named, Drosera 'Albino'.]
    Pinguicula lusitanica

The VFTs, I'm pretty sure that the larger one is a Dente[Edit: The correct registerd name for this cultivar is Dionaea 'Dentate Traps'] and the smaller one a Typical. I did not keep my piles well orginaized when I seperated the plants. You might have 2 Dente[Edit: The correct registerd name for this cultivar is Dionaea 'Dentate Traps'] or 2 Typcial, I do not know for sure. But I do know they are VFTs. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    You will be able to tell when they are older.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey endparentheses, I accept your "result" and thank you.

Hey Santa Claus oh excuse me I meant elgecko, I bought a new home (glazed pot) for your P. lusitanica babies today. I'm ready for new babies! Those sure are the neatest little plants. I'm keeping those myself and am NOT sending them to the school. I gotta thang for pings these days. Darlingtonia californica- wow! Do you have any photos of the parent plants? I'd love to see what your Momma looks like. I'm thinking my son is going to claim those seeds. I need instructions on the Drosera nitidula ssp. allantostigma gemmae please. I am absolutely clueless as to what to do with gemmae and those will go to the school. Skip that request, I forgot I had your website bookmarked. I'm set! Thanks so much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi elgecko, I stopped in to the science room this morning and talked with Mrs. Bohning. She is thrilled to death and says thank you. I'm giving her one of your Pings as I just realized the classroom didn't have any. I told her that Nick would probably claim the Darlingtonia californica seed and she laughed. The teacher is really most excited about the VFTs. Evidently those are by far the favorite of the kids. And... the kids will not be feeding them pieces of their cafeteria hamburgers any longer as they finally made the connection that this kills them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Mar. 10 2005,10:37)]I need instructions on the Drosera nitidula ssp. allantostigma gemmae please. I am absolutely clueless as to what to do with gemmae and those will go to the school.
    basically treat them like seeds, just set them on top of moist soil and they will do the rest themselves. a deep pot is better than a shallow one so think taller than wide. i generally grow mine in a 3.5 inch wide pot thats 5 inches tall. the lil guys actially get roots that will go pretty deep but dont branch out to the side much. just keep them in a tray thats deep enough to allow the soil surface to stay moist(i generally only need about an inch of water, less once they are a few months old and have roots going deep.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12