Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy dance! my very first pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a P. gigantia 'Phil's Giant'[Edit: Pinguicula gigantea (Phil's Giant), a P. agnata 'True Blue'[Edit: single quotes are only used for valid, registered cultivars (True Blue), and a 'John Rizzi'[Edit: Pinguicula 'John Rizzi', cultivar names must be preceded by the genus name or abbreviation]!

And, I have baby P. lusitanicas[Edit: P. lusitanica, do not change the spelling of a species name to indicate plural tense, species names are both singular or plural without changing their spelling]!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can have some of my primuliflora[Edit: Pinguicula primuliflora, the second part of a species name (specific epithet) must be preceded by the genus name, only together do they indicate the species] plantlets... I'll just have more of them a week later. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually that's about as big as Pinguicula lusitanica grow.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. And they die off quick. Keep them going from seed. They are prolific seeders.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeesh... not like there was any other genus I might be talking about in this context.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like someone beat me to getting Pinguicula lusitanica to you. Make room for 2 more plants. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    endparenthesis > good point, but I gotta try to be fair.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey PingMan, thanks for the corrections. Now I can add them to my grow list. Speaking of my grow list, would you do me a favor and take a look at it when you have a spare moment and see if there are any corrections to be made please? I'd really appreciate it. If you click on my www button, you'll get my grow list.

Hey elgecko, sorry! Sounds as if you got a little over generous again I take it. I'm fresh out of pots so off I go to the Asian food market again to get pots for new babies I didn't even know were on their way to me. Thank you!

Hey endparenthesis, I just looked up the blooms on the P. primuliflora and they are absolutely beautiful. May I please take a raincheck? The pings I photographed are my very first and they just arrived this afternoon. I've never had one before let alone so many. I am sort of nervous about caring for the ones I just received (and the ones that I just learned are on their way to me). I am beside myself when something goes wrong with a plant so I need to hold off a little bit and learn how to take care of what I have. I do sincerely thank you for the offer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast