Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emergency transplant of P. moranensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I transplanted my P. moranensis recently as well to definatly get rid of some snails, it didn't grow or change at all for about a week then grew more rosettes, with smaller but more abundant leaves.

If the dragon is bigger than his treasure, it's not worth the effort.

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sszvein, do you mean that your pings started to produce winter rosettes? Or was the smaller foliage still carnivorous? I wonder if my own plants of Pinguicula moranensis could still produce their winter rosettes this late in the year now that the days are lengthening...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy, do I ever feel stoopid!!! At first I only thought the posts on this forum went back to December of 2004, and just now I realized that that I could click a button on the bottom of the page and pull up all of the old posts from years past, many of which addressed the exact same issues I asked about when starting this thread! I am lucky all of you are so good-natured and patient to put up with a fumbling newbie like me.

Slowly learning and truly enjoying my "ping fever",
    Corey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of today, my repotted Pinguicula moranensis have started to grow actively again. One of them even appears to be splitting its crown into two growing points. The color on them is much richer than before repotting (it is even tinged pink!) and the new leaves are coming in large and slippery. They've even caught some fungus gnats on their own this afternoon! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

I guess these plants really are easy to repot!

Corey

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cp's aren't nearly as finicky as people make them out to be.

there are a few exeptions though [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12