Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pinguicula 'John Rizzi'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura takes a flounce and a curtsy!
    Hey, it's ALIVE! It's also blooming for me! I haven't killed it with kindness yet!

This plant was sent to me with the bloom but look at how nice the color is in the flower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! That one is beautiful! I can't wait till my own pings are healthy enough to flower for me.

Corey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valid point. It is beautiful isn't it. You can cheat like me and buy them like that. Tee he! They'll bloom real nice for you then. Getting it to bloom again is going to be the trick. Here's hoping I can learn enough to keep my babies happy and healthy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura,
    Your flower has markings very similar to my own, Pinguicula 'John Rizzi', I wonder since it is so compact (your corolla segments are very close together), if your flower is younger than mine and perhaps it will expand as it gets older.

Here is a recent photo of one of mine in bloom (in real life the flower is actually a much darker pink, but I haven't mastered my camera yet):

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I think you did a fine job with your camera. I noticed your leaves have a nice rosy tint to them!

I have no idea how old my plant is however I suspect it is younger than yours. Regrding my flower, it just opened up this morning. I check on my plants throughout the day and when I got up this morning... there was that pretty flower just opening up. The color I am seeing on my monitor of my bloom, is the color of the actual flower.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awww nice little plant Laura... Here is what mine looked like back when it flowered...

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw Andrew, now that your little pretty has joined the line up... we have a parade of Pings! Your flower and Joseph's flower look very similar. The coloration is virtually the same also. Very nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, I got my start from Ed Read. He said he got it from California Carnivores. Comparing your flower with Mine and Andrew's (Andrew got his start from me), and both against the published photograph in "The Savage Garden", it appears ours might turn out to be mis-identified. I will do some more digging, to be sure. The description describes leaves with no margin. That does not appear to be how mine are. The standard photo shows a flower that is nearly round, like yours, not like mine and Andrew's. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast