Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photos of ping leaves please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone out there have any instructions to share on their way to make more Pings? Photos would be great if anyone out there has any to share.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no pictures yet, but so far I have tried just laying out the leaves right-side-up on barely damp vermiculite in a clear, covered deli-food container. It worked great and my leaves of Pinguicula moranensis all budded up nicely.

I am also experimenting with PinguiculaMan's method of placing barely damp LFS in sealed ziploc baggies. So far, a couple of P. 'Sethos' and P. esseriana leaves have budded while the others look unchanged. However, it has barely been a week, so I shouldn't try to rush things... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Corey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be able to find some in my old posts about this subject. I will try to help. If I find them first I will add them to this post.

http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....ry20626

http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....3;st=10

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My most recent success was P. gigantea the plant started to rot from the crown. So I pulled off the leaves that still had life to them and tossed them in a storrage container about half full of LFS and I keep the water anywhere from halfway to surface level of the LFS. There is no top and this is kept 2 inches from flourecent tubes... Here's a picture of the recent growth... I started these leaves only about a week ago...

Andrew

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ooooooohhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Very nice adnedarn! Very nice indeed! What plant did you take the leaves from if you don't mind my asking? Also too, exactly how wet are you keeping that LFS? Looks pretty wet to me which would make sense.

Say Ispahan, I am a big fan of food storage containers. Have you ever tried the nice little ones from Wendy's salads? I don't eat at fast food places but I started biying their rabbit food so that I could get the trays. My bad!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Laura, both those questions are answered in my post. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] Lemme know if you need more detail on anything...
    Andrew

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sometimes just lay the severed leaves on any dry surface inside the plant room and wait. I don't usually need to wait very long.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my gosh, I got hung up looking at the photo again and never even noticed you had written anything above the image you posted. I'm obviously having a blonde moment. Forgive me. TWO WEEKS AGO! All of that growth in 2 weeks. Impressive. My hand is twitching to rip off one of the lower leaves of my P. gigantea but I am still hesitant to do so unless I could be assured I could get results such as yours. Too cool Andrew! You done good!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast